We are here to provide guidance.
At NHC HealthCare, Clinton, we understand that there are many factors - physical, financial and emotional - that may need to be considered when making life-changing care and medical decisions for you, a loved one or a patient.
Our Business Office staff is happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have related to your payment for your stay and your healthcare financial coverage available through Medicare, private insurance, Medicaid, or other sources. Our Business Office is open Monday-Friday from 8 am until 5:00 pm, and by appointment outside of standard hours.
Alternative Funding Sources:
- Medicare: For patient with Part A coverage and a qualifying hospital stay, Medicare will pay for the 1st 20 days of skilled nursing or rehabilitative care. There is a coinsurance amount for days 21-100.
Learn more about Medicare.
- Private Insurance: A number of Medicare supplement insurance policies will cover the coinsurance amount that Medicare does not pay.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Having your own long-term insurance is a good alternative to prepare in advance for skilled nursing and rehabilitative needs. Depending on policy coverage you select, long term care insurance may pay up to 100% of the costs of your care.
- Private Funds: When other options are not available to you, we hope you choose to utilize your funds for quality care provided at NHC HealthCare, Clinton. The business office offers and manages the patient trust fund accounts. The patient trust fund service enables residents to securely maintain a certain amount of money at the facility which can be accessed during day-time business hours. Social Security, VA, and pension checks as well as private money can be deposited to the account.
- Medicaid: When a patient is approved for a nursing home, charges are based upon personal income. This amount is determined by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
Read more information about Medicaid.
At NHC HealthCare, Clinton, we know that our patients deserve the best. Proper oral health can improve the quality of life of long-term care patients. Dental insurance can help to make dental care more accessible and affordable. That is why we offer dental insurance administered by Citizens Security Life Insurance Company.
We encourage you to visit us to discuss how we may assist you so that you can experience the NHC difference - our commitment to quality, consistent care.
Share this page: